Wednesday 19 February 2014

This is me: Madeleine Shaw, Nutritionist

Joie talked to nutritionist Madeleine Shaw to find out how she lives a joyful life...




What do you do for a living and how did you get into this field of work?
I am a nutritional health coach and food blogger. I used to work in a cafe in Australia cooking and fell in love with the wellness industry so thought - why not make it my career?

What does a typical day look like for you?
It varies time-wise dependant on when I see clients. However it always involves, warm water and lemon first thing, a good proper breakfast like eggs and smoked salmon, then checking my emails, and seeing clients…I try and do yoga most days. I am always running around London for different appointments and pick up lunch at Wholefoods or Natural Kitchen. I see most of my clients in the afternoons and evenings. If I get an early finish I’ll go out for dinner or cook something yummy at home.

What do you do in the way of exercise, and why? What do you enjoy about it?
Yoga. I am doing my yoga teacher training so I am really dedicating myself to it, I used to hit up the gym quite a bit and want to get back into it again.

Do you have any mottos/ affirmations that you live by?
‘Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you imagined.’
‘There is only one me.’

What does happiness look like to you?
A good chinwag with my girlfriends, good food and any moment spent with my boyfriend.

How would you spend the perfect Sunday?
I always spend Sundays with my boyfriend. It usually is a sleep in, I love to dive into yoga mid- morning then it is a brunch of eggs, smoked salmon and avocado then maybe go back to bed. I love watching cartoons. However, I often do emails and work, I am trying to ban myself from work at least one day a week though.

What are your top tips for incorporating healthy habits into a hectic London lifestyle?
Be kind to yourself, no one is perfect, take one new habit on at a time.
Breathe! Meditate if even just for a minute. Don't busy your schedule too much.

What is your favourite recipe at the moment?
Pumpkin soup or Thai green chicken curry, anything spicy, warm and filling.

How has focusing on wellness/ nutrition enhanced your everyday life?
I feel happy and healthy every day. I am able to be the best version of myself; I have more energy and passion for life.

Check out www.madeleineshaw.com for more information 



No comments:

Post a Comment